In recent years people have been interested in the idea of investing in cryptocurrency; most people know what bitcoin is. To carry this out, they need to compare and register in the cryptocurrency exchange where they can purchase, sell, and trade digital currencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, etc. A recent survey by one of the cryptocurrency exchanges revealed that Malaysian residents are showing interest in investing in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin as it has gained more popularity.
The Malaysian government has a positive outlook concerning cryptocurrencies even though regulators have rolled out few regulations on digital currencies. We have compiled a list of the best crypto exchange Malaysia to help customers choose the best cryptocurrency exchange for their needs.
Best Crypto Exchanges in Malaysia: Top 6 List!
There are numerous top cryptocurrency exchange Malaysia that provide the biggest benefits to their users. Additionally, we have reviewed a few leading service providers in Malaysia that might help you choose the best exchange.
Luno was founded in 2012 and is one of the topmost digital asset exchanges that have an excellent reputation and support the peer-to-peer network. It has committed itself to the users of Malaysia and helps them to buy Bitcoin, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and accept Malaysian Ringgit. Luno has become a trusted & legal crypto exchange Malaysia in recent years, and it offers several coins, tokens, wallets, and great liquidity in the cryptocurrency market of Malaysia. It allows its users to speculate coins with the best prices available globally.
Features of Luno
- One of the major advantages of Luno is it helps the users to deal with cryptocurrencies easily through a peer-to-peer network; they can convert their preferred cryptos to Malaysian ringgit at any time.
- The users can deposit, speculate, and withdraw cryptos round the clock by using the mobile application offered on android and IOS devices. It is best suited for professionals, and it offers the lowest fees for its clients.
- Luno also offers a payments app and best cryptocurrency wallets for storing crypto and helps Malaysians send or receive fiat or cryptos that can be accessed through ios and android devices.
- Luno adopts industry-level security practices, and it stores the customer’s private keys in a place known as a deep freeze. These keys are stored in safety deposit boxes in a bank vault and cannot be accessed by anyone without verification.
Pros and Cons of Luno
|The users can switch easily between crypto and fiat currencies when they are executing transactions.||It charges higher fees when compared with its competitors.|
|This platform is best for all types of investors.||It does not have advanced trading tools.|
|It supports bank transfer and credit card.||It offers low liquidity.|
Bitcoin (BTC), Ripple (XRP), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), USD Coin (USDC).
Luno supports more than 35 countries including:-
- United Kingdom
- Greece, and more.
Sign Up Now
Tokenize was launched in 2017, and it is one of the top most digital currency exchanges operating in Singapore. It offers a simple user interface that is easy to use for users who would like to buy tokens, cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, using Singaporean dollar. Tokenize has become a trusted platform with a great reputation that allows its users to use bitcoin and fiat without hassles. It offers services in local currency, Malaysian ringgit, and USD.
Features of Tokenize
- After verification, buyers are offered access to the latest cryptocurrencies when they use this platform. It also supports crypto to crypto, fiat-to-crypto, and initial coin offerings (ICOs).
- This exchange asks their users to enable the two-factor authentication and ensure that their verified accounts are protected from cyber-attacks; there is no guarantee that it will not be hacked.
- Using the mobile app, the users can add funds easily, analyze the stock market information, and buy and sell bitcoin and their preferred cryptocurrencies.
- Buying bitcoins is easy, and the user has full control over their funds; their private keys are stored on the user’s smartphone.
Pros and Cons of Tokenize
|It charges 0% market maker fees.||Withdrawal fees are higher.|
|Provides bitcoin and a wide range of cryptocurrencies.||There is minimum fees on the deposit.|
|It has a referral system.|
This platform supports 40 cryptocurrencies.
It caters to global clients. But, this is a fiat-to-crypto platform catering to residents of Singapore currently.
Sign Up Now
Sinegy was launched in 2017, and it partners with some of the big giants in the finance domain. It is a popular Malaysia approved crypto exchange that has a good reputation, and it is located in Penang. It provides its service through Malaysian ringgit, fiat currency deposits, and withdrawals; and also supports credit card, debit card, international wire transfer, and bank transfers. This cryptocurrency exchange is legalized, and it is regulated by the securities commission Malaysia as an RMO (recognized market operator).
Features of Sinegy
- Sinegy is a recognized and regulated best cryptocurrency exchange in Malaysia. It also serves as a gateway for fiat and supports Malaysian ringgit and other cryptocurrencies.
- It offers an array of trading indicators and tools to help professionals transact effortlessly.
- Also, it offers an innovative range of tools for trading Bitcoin. It also securely store their user’s crypto assets in cold storage that offers enhanced protection.
Pros and Cons of Sinegy
|Bitcoin withdrawal fees are lower and have limits.||Sinegy does not offer a mobile app.|
|Sinegy does not require a minimum deposit.||It does not provide many crypto options.|
|It offers a 0.25% rebate for market makers.|
It supports 3 cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple (XRP).
Sinegy supports Malaysian residents as of now.
Sign Up Now
KuCoin is a popular name in the digital currency sector, and it has established itself as one of the most prominent platforms that offer cryptocurrency operations for its clients. It was established in 2017, has gained popularity, and offers several cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. It has become one of the most recognized hubs for trading cryptocurrencies online. KuCoin provides an easy-to-use Malaysia cryptocurrency exchange for their global clients to speculate with different types of cryptocurrencies. Also, it provides different options like margin trading, trading bot, futures trading, lowest fees, etc.
Features of KuCoin
- The clients are offered more than 200 digital assets, helping in executing secure transactions with lower fees. KuCoin has a great reputation and has become one of the topmost digital currency exchange that provides a wide range of cryptocurrencies. It provides numerous discounts and bonuses; and charges a fees of 0.1 % per trade executed.
- KuCoin has industry-level security practices in place that includes multilayer encryption, micro-withdrawal bitcoin wallets, multi-factor authentication, and an internal risk control team that oversees the daily operations as per strict security standards.
- KuCoin is a beginner-friendly and intuitive software, and it provides cryptocurrency trading platforms that help clients easily speculate using bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.
- KuCoin’s most important factors are it supports non-custodial trading. This non-custodial trading can be executed directly from the user’s private wallet.
- The Platform has also provided a FAQ section for the user’s so that they can work efficiently.
Pros and Cons of KuCoin
|The clients are offered several cryptocurrencies for trading with low fees.||It may not suit beginners.|
|It offers margin and automated trading.||Does not offer fiat trading pairs.|
|KuCoin offers customer support 24×7.|
KuCoin supports more than 20 cryptocurrencies.
- The United States
- The United Kingdom
Sign Up Now
Huobi is headquartered in Seychelles, and it is a well-known digital asset exchange in the cryptocurrency domain. Huobi was established in 2013, and it is one of the established fiat-to-crypto trading platforms that have a great reputation and help clients execute secure trades, deposit, and withdraw bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Huobi exchange charges low fees and provides different payment options like wire transfer, debit or credit card, and bank transfer that their customers can use. It supports an array of cryptocurrencies and believes in blockchain technology. This exchange is one of the best exchanges that focus globally on trading cryptocurrencies that offers a great customer experience.
Features of Huobi
- Huobi is a trusted global leader in the crypto space that has transacted more than 25 billion on its platform over 24 hours. It also offers Bitcoin, which is the topmost cryptocurrency by market cap. Further, Huobi’s native token is built using blockchain technology.
- Users are offered access to a wide range of products to trade, buy, swap, borrow, store, and sell bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Huobi is suited for all types of users and provides competitive fees for every transaction.
- Huobi has become a safe place to sell, trade, and buy crypto, and it has several millions of active users trading globally. It also provides several payment options like a debit card or credit card transfer, bank transfer for its users to convert fiat currencies to crypto.
- The security methods offered by Huobi are as per industrial standards. It also provides cold wallet storage, two-factor authentication, SMS, and email notifications which makes sure the environment is safe to trade.
Pros and Cons of Huobi
|It is best for beginners and advanced professionals.||The account opening process is tedious.|
|Provides several cryptocurrencies to trade.|
|Offers multilingual customer support.|
It supports most of the cryptocurrencies.
Currently, Huobi caters to worldwide clients.
Sign Up Now
Kraken was established in 2011, and it is one of the best exchanges in Malaysia. This exchange is located in San Francisco, CA, and is considered one of the oldest and largest exchanges. Recently this exchange has grown exponentially, and it has become one of the most established digital currency exchange in the cryptocurrency domain. Kraken offers top-notch security standards, a wide range of crypto assets, lower trading fees which makes it the best choice for new users and advanced professionals who want to start with cryptocurrency trading.
Features of Kraken
- In recent years cryptocurrencies like bitcoin have become more familiar, and they have become vulnerable to cyber-attacks where millions of dollars (USD) are lost. In tune with this, Kraken provides industry-level security practices like two-factor authentication, which helps the users with enhanced protection.
- Kraken traders do not have any barriers if they want to start trading with them. The registration process is very easy, and it caters to all types of traders.
- The customer support offered by Kraken is 24×7, and they can be reached via online chat, email, and phone. Traders can contact them anytime if they have any doubts, and it will be clarified by customer support immediately.
Pros and Cons of Kraken
|Kraken offers an advanced trading platform with great tools.||This platform has high withdrawal fees and lower limits.|
|Provides a wide range of digital assets.||It is not suitable for beginners.|
|Offers multi-level security.|
It supports around 87 cryptocurrencies.
Kraken offers services to clients globally. Although, read more about the platform and know all the details.
Sign Up Now
Why Do You Need Crypto Exchanges?
Several cryptocurrency exchanges use blockchain technology and can be described as a platform to sell and buy cryptocurrencies. The investor can use these exchanges to trade one cryptocurrency for another or buy crypto using fiat currency using USD as an investment. The Bitcoin exchange with an excellent reputation offers a wallet, good rewards, and privacy for the users. Bitcoin exchanges work like brokerage firms, and the users, by logging into the platform, can create various order types for trading, selling, and buying bitcoin (BTC)and other coins. Cryptocurrency exchanges are also known as a marketplace where people can buy ethereum, Bitcoin, etc. Although, check out here and know about the best crypto exchanges in detail to explore.
How to Trade Cryptocurrency in Malaysia?
One of the ways to own bitcoin or any cryptocurrency is through mining that uses blockchain technology where the miners are rewarded; they receive compensation in Bitcoins for proof of work. It is very difficult for other users to mine bitcoins as the miners need to solve cryptographic puzzles which are highly complex and take time to verify. If the user is planning to execute secure transactions using cryptocurrencies in Malaysia, they need to create an account with a bitcoin exchange that deals with them. They can open an account with them, compare prices and purchase BTC or other cryptocurrencies with their debit card or through bank transfers.
Here are a few steps to explain how to trade cryptocurrencies on an exchange:-
- After researching, the first step is choosing the best and popular bitcoin exchanges that deal with BTC or cryptocurrencies. Numerous crypto exchanges offer their services and privacy to their investors, which differ by security, lower fees, and preferred payment method. The user should do verification before they proceed with any cryptocurrency exchange.
- The second step is to create an account with the exchange. The user should go to the website, and they need to click the Register button. The user should provide a few details like their name, email address, contact number as identification proof. Also, they should undergo a verification process and complete the KYC process, which is one of the legal requirements if the user is proceeding with any Malaysian crypto exchanges. When this is complete, they need to deposit funds to their account before buying or selling bitcoin or their preferred cryptocurrency.
- The third step is to fund their user account to execute secure transactions with their wallets. They need to deposit the money in their exchange account using a debit, credit card, bank transfer, wallets, or using a bank account with the multiple payment options offered by the exchange.
- The last step is to buy bitcoin or cryptocurrency as per the user’s requirement. The user can buy their preferred cryptocurrency using Malaysian ringgit or USD; the rest is taken care of by the exchange. When the transaction is complete, they can verify the purchased cryptocurrency, which will be stored in the user’s own wallet.
Another way to buy bitcoin is through Bitcoin ATMs. For example, using Bitcoin ATMs, the user need not have to undergo any KYC process, and these ATMs are conveniently located near shops, stores, malls, etc., which makes it easy to purchase bitcoin.
How to Select the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Malaysia for You?
There are several cryptocurrency exchanges that have a good reputation and are available for Malaysian investors. Hence, it will be a tough decision to select which one suits their needs. We have outlined a few best ideas that help users compare and identify the right exchange for them:-
Is That Cryptocurrency Exchange Supporting RM (Malaysian Ringgit)?
One of the best ways to buy bitcoin or cryptocurrency is through cryptocurrency exchange and store it in wallets. The user should proceed with verification whether the chosen cryptocurrency exchange supports the dollar (USD) or Malaysian ringgit. For example, few exchanges allow the users to transact using Malaysian ringgit or USD and convert them into cryptocurrencies.
Fee Structure of Cryptocurrency Exchanges
The user should check the fees structure, limits, trading volume, privacy, and terms offered by different crypto exchanges. Initially, they should understand the fees structure and ensure that the exchange does not charge any hidden fees. They should go for an exchange that provides a more flexible fees structure and wallet that can secure their coins.
Deposits and Withdrawal Charges
The user should check the cryptocurrency exchange they are dealing with that offers different ways of depositing and withdrawing money using a credit card, debit card, USD deposits, PayPal, or bank transfer. Some of the exchanges have limits on withdrawal, charge 2 to 5% fees on USD, 2.5% for Paypal, which depends on the transaction. Certain exchanges charge huge withdrawal fees, and the user should be careful and know about the various transaction fees charged by the platform.
With due diligence, the user should conduct their research about the reputation and security of the platform before they connect with them. This is the proof that will help the user determine that their funds are safe and secure in the exchange wallet. Also, the user should check the reputation of the cryptocurrency exchange and the different protocols, terms offered by them to secure the funds, privacy, and data of the users.
Advanced Trading Features
If the user is an advanced professional, they need to compare all the advanced trading options, trading limits, order types, and the margin offered by the platforms. If the user is a beginner, they should check for an easy-to-use interface and a wide range of educational resources that help them understand the platform and cryptocurrencies. They can also check for an intuitive interface that offers a great user experience and service that helps the user to execute secure trades seamlessly.
Is That Licensed?
Recently Malaysia has started showing interest in BTC and other cryptocurrencies, and it has levied strict regulations on the exchange, and it must comply with the validators. These exchanges are authorized and regulated by the Malaysian security commissions, and they should adhere to the commodity and securities laws specified by them. Our advice is to go for a regulated platform, which will be an added advantage.
Conclusion on Crypto Exchanges in Malaysia
To conclude, for a trader willing to buy bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in Malaysia, it is not a tedious process. They have plenty of cryptocurrency platforms to help them with that. But, the user should note that cryptocurrency is a new sector, and it is highly volatile. When compared to other assets, the user should proceed with caution; they should do the research and invest the amount of money that they can afford to lose. Also, they should remember that cryptocurrencies are prone to extreme volatility, and they should always exercise extreme caution when they are trading with digital currencies.
Which Crypto Exchange Is Legal in Malaysia?
The three approved recognized market operators (RMOs) announced by the security commission of Malaysia for operating in Malaysia are Luno, Tokenize, and Sinegy.
Is Crypto Trading Legal in Malaysia?
Even though the cryptocurrency space in Malaysia is not regulated by the government, there are several platforms where users can speculate about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The best exchange that wants to operate in Malaysia should adhere to the strict regulations issued by the validators of Malaysia. The regulations levied by the regulatory body have strict measures in place that help the traders to protect their assets and funds.
Can We Buy Cryptocurrency in Malaysia?
The traders are allowed to buy cryptocurrencies in Malaysia. Some of the cryptocurrencies that have been approved by the security commission of Malaysia are BTC, ETH, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Litecoin, etc. The users can buy digital currencies in any registered exchanges in Malaysia.
Which Platform Is Best for Crypto in Malaysia?
Luno is the best crypto exchange in Malaysia that permits Malaysians to exchange Malaysian ringgit with cryptocurrencies directly. Additionally, it is registered with the regulatory authority of Malaysia and offers low fees for trading cryptocurrencies on its platform.
Source link: https://www.cryptonewsz.com/cryptocurrency-exchange/my/